- By air: There are direct flights to Bergen Airport (BGO) from various cities in Europe. If not direct, one stop should do the trick. An overview over direct flights to BGO can be found here
- This is subject to change according to seasons. More flights may be available in May. Check Norwegian.no for tickets as well – in addition to the bigger airlines.
- By train: The train-ride from Oslo to Bergen is very nice. If you have time you may want to consider that one way.
- By ferry: Fjordline goes from Hirtshals in Denmark to Bergen. This takes time, but you can always start the party on board.
From the airport you can take the lightrail from the airport to the city center. More info on internal transportation to come.
- Tickets to the lightrail (Bybanen) and busses can be bought via the same app (Skyss). There are also other paying options if you do not want to download the app. https://www.skyss.no/en/tickets-and-prices/buying-tickets/bergen-light-rail/
- The lightrail is the cheapest and easiest option from the airport to the city center. Follow the signs (Bybanen/lightrail) to the ground floor of the airport and you will find Bybanen/the lightrail. The final stop, “Byparken”, is 650 m from the EAM hotel. You need a zone A ticket
- There are also airport busses, but they are more expensive and not included in the Skyss-app. Pay onboard or at a ticket machine at the airport. One of the stops, “Komediebakken” is only 150 m from the EAM hotel. Should you carry heavy loads the bus is a good alternative. https://www.flybussen.no/
- The distance from Bergen Railway station and Bus station to the EAM- hotel is 1, 1 km through the city.
- Taxi is also an option and can be reached at phone number 07000. Mind that taxis are quite expensive in Norway.
If you plan to use public transportation (not trains) and visit many museums it may be an advantage to buy the Bergen card. Check this web page for relevant information and prices: