Download the newest documents for the EAM.
- Final Schedule
- Meeting Agenda
- Introduction Eurorep candidate
- Minutes Engelberg 2018
- Dublin Airport to Ennis
Lots of ‘Craic’ and not much sleep! 😉 Bring shoes for walking and also your dancing shoes!
We have created a fun schedule to show you as much of our culture as we can squeeze in to a few days! While we will keep you busy we have created time and space for you to chill and relax with your friends, Friday evening’s dinner and pub crawl gives you the atmosphere to kick back and chill and Saturday afternoon is very family friendly as you can take the tour in your own time and enjoy the surrounds of the folk park and sit and chat and have a coffee all at your own pace.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Learn the gentle art of pulling your own perfect pint of Guinness!
- Experience the stunning Cliffs of Moher
- Perfect your Irish coffee making
- Learn about Irish whiskey
- Busk like Bono on an Irish street corner
- Sit in a real Irish pub and soak up the atmosphere while being lulled in to a relax state by traditional Irish musicians
- Learn to Irish dance
- Learn how to make Irish soda bread
- Speak Irish (yes! It’s a real language!!) – Gaeilge also sometimes referred to as Gaelic or the Irish Gaelic language
- Learn about and taste the best of real Irish food (sorry our Irish American friends .. Corned Beef and cabbage is not an Irish thing!!) 😊
- Stroll back in time to Medieval Ireland and learn about 15th century life of the High Kings at Bunratty Castle and Folk parkWalk in the footsteps of the Vikings, the Normans, great Irish Earls and noble Lords and Ladies. A chance to experience a window into Ireland’s past and explore with your fellow alumni Irish culture and history.
Important to note! Reasons to arrive early 😊
- There are some great Pre -Programme activities kicking off at 8:30am on Wednesday April 10th
- The Friday Welcome Reception begins at 16:30 sharp on Friday April 12th as the Lord Mayor of Ennis will greet us at 5pm – wine and canapes Irish style served.
We depart here for ‘Dine Around Ennis’ dinner; all included in your registration package. Dinner is early to allow you time to wander Ennis with your friends on a Musical Pub Crawl and soak in the atmosphere and ‘craic’! Ennis is a major centre for traditional Irish music and there are several pubs with live music to visit, we will have a schedule for you or where to find the best spots!
Walking / mobility –
If you have issues / concerns please email us UWPIRL@gmail.com
Ennis is an old market town with walking streets and many of the tours involve walking, please note that the castle is not accessible for wheelchairs as its in original state. We can advise and offer suggestions if you need alternative activities.
We are delighted to hear some alumni are travelling with children or as a family and many of the activities are family friendly and the children will enjoy for sure!
Just to note: on Friday evening for the musical pub crawl we will be guided by the Irish laws around children in a public house, the legal drinking age is 18yrs, and pub owners can ask any under 18yr person to leave after 6pm. As the Ennis pubs are busy on live music nights we anticipate it is not a place to bring children and you will be asked to leave. There are child care facilities available at most of the accommodation sites recommended, if you need assistance – please email us UWPIRL@gmail.com.
Friday 12th April
Welcome Reception 16:30
Wine & Hors-d’œuvres Irish style!
With Welcome address by the Mayor of Ennis
Access only for registered Alumni
Venue: The Templegate Hotel
(Shuttle pickup / return to your hotel if in the further out hotels)
Saturday 13th April
The BIG Busk for CF! – Community Service event in market place Ennis! 12:50 – 13:30
Coach to the iconic medieval Bunratty Castle & Folk park for tour of castle and afternoon stroll in Folk park depart Ennis 13:30
Light Lunch on arrival at Bunratty castle
(Shuttle drop back to town centre or hotels if in further out locations) Depart castle at 17:15
A Taste of Ireland – Celebration dinner and party 19:00
(3 course dinner of Irish cuisine, entertainment followed by dancing to the UWP Survival band) With lots of Irish fun & Craic!
Venue: Treacy’s West County Hotel
(Shuttle pickup /return to town centre or your hotel if in the Woodstock hotel)
Sunday 14th April
EAM Meeting from 9 am – 12.30 pm (program to follow soon)
Venue: The Templegate Hotel
Lunch on your own
The Board of Governors (BOG) from the UWP International Alumni Association (UWPIAA) will also be present during the EAM to (re)connect with the European alumni. On Sunday afternoon 14th and Monday 15th it will hold its BOG meeting. These meetings are open to all alumni, so if you would like to have a taste of how the BOG from the UWPIAA works, if you would like to share some ideas and give some input, you’re more than welcome to join us. The full program from the BOG meetings will follow later.