Dear UWP – friends
The B-EAM 2023 program is ready!
It is our wish that all Bergen EAM participants, regardless of whether you will join us for the weekend or for most of the week, should have the opportunity to experience the essence of Bergen. A few ordinary activities will therefore be arranged in extraordinary places. Times and more details will be presented in the schedule later, but we hope that many of you will be in Bergen ready to go by Friday at 4.00 pm.
FRIDAY May 19th:
The opening of Bergen EAM 2023 will take place on Mount Fløyen. Fløibanen will take us up to an iconic view of the city, the surrounding areas, fjords and seas.
Read more on: https://www.floyen.no/en
If the weather allows, we will go for a nice and easy walk and have a drink and local treat before we return to the city center to eat and spend the evening together at Taket (Roof terrace – https://www.zabr.no/). Taket is placed on top of Zachariasbryggen, a well known bar and restaurant house located on the wharf of Bergen. From Taket, we will have a nice view of the bay, Bryggen, Mount Fløyen and Mount Ulriken. No worries – if it rains we will eat inside. We will have the space to ourselves, but are naturally free to join the locals at any of the many concept bars in the building as the evening progresses.
SATURDAY May 20th:
The morning meeting Saturday May 20th will take place on a boat taking us on a three hour cruise through Osterfjorden (https://www.maritimetours.no/en/osterfjorden/). A guide will join us on the trip, and we will be served a light lunch on board (included). We can bring our own water bottles, but otherwise drinks can be bought onboard.
We will board the boat an hour before departure to conduct most of the meeting without missing out on the sights. The agenda will be communicated in advanced in order to secure a short and efficient meeting. Small-group discussions can be held while enjoying the scenery.
Saturday afternoon you will be free to explore the city center or surrounding areas. See links to various activities you may find interesting under Pre-EAM activities.
Saturday night we meet at the EAM-hotel, Scandic Bergen City, for dinner and party.
SUNDAY May 21st:
A short sum up meeting will be held at the hotel.
- Exact times and more details will be presented in the schedule you will receive when we are closer to the event dates.
- If you communicate your interests, we will try our best to guide you in the right directions or provide volunteer “guides”.
Do you have extra days?
- We highly recommend to go to Hardanger to watch the fruit trees blossom. If you have time you can spend a night in one of the villages along the way. Contact us should you have questions.
- Norway in a nutshell is a popular trip too, but in May Hardanger is more beautiful.
- If seafood is a favorite, restaurant Cornelius will give you a special experience.
- Up for a longer hike – the walk from Ulriken to Fløyen over “vidden” is a very popular one.
Explore the web page of visitnorway.com for more ideas and suggestions.
Costs and registration:
Registration fee: the early bird registration fee will be NOK 3000. This includes all activities and meals as described in the B-EAM program. An aperitif will be served at the Saturday party and at Fløyen. Otherwise drinks are not included.
Registration Early bird, NOK 3000: 25.2. 2023
Registration, NOK 3300: 25. 2. 2023 – 15.3. 2023
Registration, Late Bloomers NOK 3500: 16.3 – 25.4. 2023
(At this point in time we cannot guarantee space on the boat-trip Saturday.)
Any profits from the event will benefit Adina Stiftelsen (Foundation). More information about Adina`s projects will be given during the EAM.
Credits Pictures to :
- Robin Strand – Rødne Fjordcruise
- Visit Bergen – visitBergen.com
- Visit Bergen / Casper Steinsland
- Visit Bergen / Broadstone